This is the recipe that was used with the Baked Walnut Granola posted on Instagram and A Little Nutty’s Facebook page.
The granola adds a lovely crunch to the overall dish. (which is easily purchased on the website)
I hope you enjoy eating it as much as we did.
- 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 Tbl flaxseed meal (linseed)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda (check the use by date….it matters :))
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp coconut oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Combine almond flour, flax meal, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Add ricotta cheese, egg, 1 tsp coconut oil and vanilla extract – Mix thoroughly.
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil in the pan.
- Pour a portion of the batter into the pan and cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry – 2 to 3 minutes.
- You can add some blueberries at this stage if you fancy.
- Flip and cook until bottom is light golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter.